Saturday, November 28, 2009

Review for Midterm

Here are the links that will help you study for your midterm exam by units.

Unit 1
  • Simple Present page 3
  1. English Page
  2. Power Point (this has most of the grammar we studied and some more)
  3. Form, Use and Contrast (the activities are at the bottom)
  • Too/Either page 4
  1. English Page
  2. Power Point (Remember to look on page 4 because there is more information there)
  3. Ok Exercise
  4. Exercise
Unit 2
  • Verb Forms page 13
  1. Can
  2. Love, Like, Hate, Prefer + Verb + ing or To + verb
  3. I'd like + to + verb
  4. enjoy + verb + ing
  5. preposition + verb + ing
  • Object Pronouns page 15
  1. Activity
  2. Object Pronouns
  3. Everybody, Everyone, Nobody, No one
Unit 3
  • Simple present and present continuous page 23
  1. Power Point (this has most of the grammar we studied and some more)
  2. Form, Use and Contrast (the activities are at the bottom)
  • Joining clauses with IF and WHEN page 25
  1. Quiz
  2. Another Quiz (Remember that you can use if or when)(also remember that if you see "when in the question or answer, you need to use it in the other clause)
Unit 4
  • Future with Going to; indirect objects page 35
  1. Quiz
  2. Exercise
  3. Listening (click on the recording to listen to it and answer the questions)
  4. Indirect Objects (don't read the latin part)
  5. Indirect Objects Quiz (click on the indirect object of the sentence)
  • Present Continuous for the future page 37
  1. English Page (look at use 3)
  2. Exercise
  3. Power Point (there are a lot of grammar point we studied so far
Unit 5
  • be born, simple past; time expressions page 45
  1. Always use was/were born. NEVER use the verb born alone!!!
  2. Simple Past
  3. Quiz
  4. Study the time expression on page 45
  • Determiners page 46
  1. All, all of, most, most of,...
  2. Remember that if it's specific it needs OF and there has to be THE or MY, HIS, HER or ME, HIM, HER
Unit 6
  • Is there? Location Expressions page 55
  1. Prepositions (Don't worry if a screen pops up, click OK)
  2. Power Point
  3. Image
  • Offers and request with Can and Could page 57
  1. Activity (Would=Podría, Shall=Debería)(Focus on CAN and COULD which will be on the exam)
  2. Explanation (Focus on CAN and COULD which will be on the exam)
  3. Power Point

Remember to write a comment so I know that you visited the page. Now, if you have any questions write me an email. I will respond as quickly as I can.

Don't forget to study the conversation strategies on pages:
Unit 1 pg 6-7
Unit 2 pg 16-17
Unit 3 pg 26-27
Unit 4 pg 38-39
Unit 5 pg 48-49
Unit 6 pg 58-59

11 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I was studing it.Thank you for the information.It´s important to learn new things in grammar. I tried to do any exercises but I have a doubt about the other option of too and either.I´m going to answer you by e-mail. In this days, I´m going to studing the other topics.I will hope your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Esmeralda,

    I answered pretty fast, right? Well, check your email, I answered your email.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robert!!
    I continue learnig with this information, thanks!!! =)
    But I´m relly bad in "everybody, nobody, no one..." =(
    I did the exercises, it was fun!!
    More late I will review this blog one more time.
    See you!!!}
    ********************************************

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, glad to see you are studyin Aurora.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!

    Yesterday,Only I saw the links but today I see some links.I`m study about the verb "can" but I think that I "can" learn more about it.

    Well...I want to know If I can present the exam until the next week humm I think that is 12.
    Please,the reason is...that I`m going to play basketball,I know that I have exam but I can´t to fail (creo que es fallar) to my team.


    I hope that you (teacher) can understand me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you,
    Because,It has been a great help.
    Finally! I could understand this topic.

    I will hope that all of your pupils pass their exams.
    bye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello--- I'm going to study this pages ok??

    See you later =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Rod... I'm going to study these pages ok??

    See you later =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI ROB.

    I´M GOING TO STUDY MORE OK.
    I UNDERSTOOD, THESE EXERCISE ARE VERY EASY, I THINK.

    SEE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fatima,

    I understand that if you have to go, then you must go; however, I think it would be a good idea for you to come to Maple and take the exam some time next week so you do not miss class time taking the exam next Saturday. If you have any questions, send me an email.

    ReplyDelete